We've included a quick summary of the race details below and event schedule, further details can be found under the various race details links above.
Race details: Overview
When: 4th - 7th August 2017 (Entries close Friday 7th July at 23:59)
Where: Letterkenny, County Donegal.
Who: 4 person mixed teams* (no support crew required)
Costs: €1200 per team (Please don't ask for a reduction or free entry as we cannot offer this, the fees are the same for all teams)
Event HQ: This year the event HQ will be The Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny. Registration for the event will be first thing on Friday morning, 4th August, and dinner and prize-giving will be on Sunday evening, 6th August.
If you wish to stay at the hotel for the Thursday and Sunday nights, you must mention The Beast to avail of the reduced rates of €75/single room or €99/double room, and the accommodation must also be booked via email or phone, or you will be offered the standard rates.
Race time: Approx. 40hrs for winning team. Race time may be extended for slower teams (approx 6 hours)
Race Distance: Approx total race distance 280km with short course option of 216km.
Prizes: This event is only run because of volunteers and in the absence of a major sponsor prizes will be limited.
* single sex teams will compete on the same course but will be entered into a separate class, and cannot be the outright winners.
- 04 AUG 1000 - 1200 Registration at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny. This will include mandatory kit check, issuing of maps, race bibs, etc. All teams MUST be present at 1000 to allow sufficient time.
- 04 AUG 1330 - 1415 Race Brief
- 04 AUG 1530 - 1600 Hand in Kit Bags
- 04 AUG 1600 - 1700 Move to Start Point
- 04 AUG 1700 - Race Start
- 06 AUG 0900 - 1500 Race Finish
- 06 AUG 1900 - late Post Race Function (Radisson Blu Hotel)