Unless it is otherwise stated all kit is Mandatory. Mandatory means you must come to the race with it and carry it at all times unless otherwise stated. Spot checks will take place during the race.
- 1 X Set of Maps OSI & Orienteering Maps (all supplied by event)
- 2 X Indelible felt tip pen
- 2 X Mobile phone (with dry bags). These will be sealed before event start and should only be used in the event of an emergency
- 1 X First aid kit (1crepe bandage, 1 triangle bandage, 2 safety pins, 1 wound dressing & 6 adhesive dressings as a minimum)
- 1 X Bike repair kit (at least sufficient to repair puncture and broken chains)
- 2 X Compass
- 1 X Large Drybag (to hold wetsuits, kayak back rests and PFDs)
- 1 X 4 person Tent (NOT TO BE CARRIED)(must be suitable for all 4 team members, 2 * 2 person tents are also acceptable)
- 1 X bothy Shelter big enough for your entire team, and to be carried on all stages. (don't try to cramp all 4 into a 2 person shelter, your life may depend on it)
- 1 X Bike lock (large enough to lock 4 bikes together)
- 1 X Large Kit Bag
- 1 X Mountain bike
- 1 X Front bike light (a good head torch will do)
- 1 X Rear bike light (must be fitted to the bike at all times)
- 1 X Head Torch
- 1 X Spare batteries for all lights
- 1 X Cycle helmet
- 1 X Whistle
- 1 X Space blanket/bag (foil or orange type)
- 1 X Full leg cover (must be carried if not worn)
- 1 X Spare Long Sleeved Top
- 1 X Waterproof Coat
- 1 X Waterproof Trousers
- 1 X Rucksack
- 1 X Wetsuit (Full length arms and legs, suitable for coasteering/caving type activities, good strong footwear also recommended for this section)
- GPS devices. Includes devices that show your position, display maps, distance travelled etc. (excludes GPS trackers provided by the organizers).
- Distance measuring devices such as foot pod accelerometers and pedometers. (cycle computers exempt)
- Mobile phones, radios, other communications or internet access devices etc.(excluding the compulsory emergency phone sealed prior to the race).
- Maps other than those provided by the organisers (specifically from race start to crossing the finish line).
- Firearms, night/ nocturnal vision devices.
- Fins during any swim section.
- Sails during any kayak section.
Kit Bags & Transport
A sturdy bag will also be needed for wet gear (wet suits etc., so you may want to use a large dry bag). These will be transported to the transitions areas of the race. Exact details will be contained in the race booklet which you will get when you sign on for the event. A sturdy duffel bag (if possible a waterproof one) to carry general kit like dry clothes, change of shoes, tent etc. We will transport these bags.
All 4 team members will need a mountain bike in good working order; it will be your teams call on what type of tyres and
pedals you use on each of them. The route will use a wide verity of surfaces from good roads to man-made single track trails.
If you choose to use SPD's you may have to carry your own running shoes at some stage. Rear lights must be fitted at all times and used during poor weather and night.
We will supply and transport all kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aids. Kayaks used will be 2 person sit-on-tops. Teams may bring their own backrests and paddles if they want, these need to be clearly marked with your team number